Timeframe: July 1, 2011 until October 31, 2011
Expectations: Create a fundraising plan for NC WARN with specific recommendations to multiply fundraising streams and increase donations from individuals, organizations and foundations. There will be two phases of this project.
Phase One: Research and bring initial recommendations to Finance Committee; Refine plan and facilitate meeting with full Board of Directors, possibly Sept 2011.
Phase Two: Set specific fundraising targets and assignments for implementation of the fundraising plan
We are looking for one proposal that includes (with breakout) phase one and phase two. We are looking for a strong consultant to oversee both phases of this project working with one or more NC WARN Board members who can provide needed research services or fundraising expertise.
Your submission will be considered an all-inclusive quote covering all direct and indirect costs. Please include supplies, travel, etc.
Submit to: George Friday via email at email@example.com
- Strong facilitation and excellent writing skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising with particular relationships with and information about NC/Southern funders;
- Able to work within a team structure; and
- Knowledge of environmental funding community a plus.
- Work with Finance team, staff and other board members to design overall FR goals, instruments and related organizational outcomes;
- Work with Finance team to create agenda for Sept. meeting of full board; and
- Facilitate September meeting to include full board in planning and endorsement of the final fundraising plan.
Outcome: Analytical—research based, NC funding streams whose demographics, guidelines and political analysis match NC WARN organizational characteristics and objectives
Deliverable: Summation Report
Background and Purpose:
NC WARN is seeking consulting services to generate recommendations to inform creation of an organizational fundraising plan and facilitate the 1 or 2 day meeting to draft the plan in September 2011.
Successful applicants will have solid fundraising knowledge; skills, relationships, expertise, and be capable facilitators in addition to demonstrating a keen understanding of the political values of NC WARN.
Plan of Action:
The consultant(s) will perform or cause to be performed the following duties:
1) Complete initial research documents then communicate with the Finance Team to inform setting goals, objectives, and timeline of a fundraising plan.
2) Lead the Finance team to design the planning process and board meeting agenda.
3) Facilitate the 1 or 2-day meeting to yield recommendations and/or action plans for building needed capacity and sustaining effective support for the fundraising plan.
4) Develop an analysis and report that can help move us towards fundraising goals.
5) Compile data with Finance team and Board recommendations and summarize into an organizational fundraising plan.