NC WARN, a 31-year-old climate justice organization, is searching for a motivated, well-organized individual to work in our fast-paced office in Durham for 20-30 hours per week as an administrative assistant. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to track many tasks and complete projects on time, pay close attention to details and be able to maintain a positive attitude with our members, the public and co-workers.
Please apply for this position if you have a passion for environmental and climate justice, have a flexible schedule (some evening and/or weekend work may be required) and are looking to bring your talents to a small team working on big issues. We encourage women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
- Answer the phone, take messages and direct calls
- Monitor and respond to requests received via the general email account
- Purchase office supplies and equipment
- Help coordinate mailings and printing materials
- Filing, office organization and light cleaning
- General office tasks as assigned, including proofing/editing
- Edit and help create news releases, fact sheets, flyers, ads and other materials
- Keep list of meeting/event spaces and handle reservations for special events
- Help coordinate tasks for big events and manage day-of activities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about environmental justice issues and helping others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A clear and concise communicator
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- A team-player
To apply for this position send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements along with available start date to Rita Leadem at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 14, 2019.
The salary offered will be commensurate with experience. Part-time employees working at least 24 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits: paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, participation in group health insurance plan (including dental and vision) and retirement account contribution.
NC WARN values diversity in its staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, physical ability, gender, national or ethnic origin, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or other non-merit based factors.