|Angry at Duke Energy executives for polluting North Carolina with toxic coal ash? Now they’re trying to kill our growing solar industry.
Duke claims to support solar power, but its long-range plans show only 3% use of all renewables by 2028.
Solar power helps everyone by eliminating the need for new power plants and Duke Energy’s ongoing rate hikes, while creating thousands of North Carolina jobs.
But rooftop and large-scale solar reduce Duke Energy’s profits from dirty power plants. So Duke is trying to stop paying a fair price to solar-generating customers who contribute clean power to the electric grid.
Click to view our 30-second satirical TV ad about the not-so-funny truth of Duke’s attempts to undermine the solar industry. Then, share and circulate!
Resources — View, print, and share our:
- “NC Solar Industry In Jeopardy If Utilities Get Their Way,” WFAE, July 24, 2014
- “Solar Energy in North Carolina: Gone in a Puff of Smoke?“ Creative Loafing Charlotte, July 8, 2014.
Featuring insight from NC WARN Executive Director Jim Warren.
- “NC Utility Regulators’ Review of Industry Brings out Solar Supporters,” Charlotte Business Journal, July 8, 2014
- “NC Utilities Commission Weighs Value of Solar Energy,” ABC 11 Eyewitness News, July 7, 2014
- “NC Utilities Commission Reconsiders Solar Energy Cost, Possibly Affecting Industry’s Future,” WUNC, July 8, 2014
- “Utilities Commission Looks at Solar Power Rates,” News14, July 7, 2014
- “Setting the price of sunshine,” WRAL News, July 8, 2014
It’s our decision to make: MORE COAL ASH SPILLS or SOLAR SPILLS?
* Thank you to our friends at Presente (Presente.org) for inspiring the video script.